1/2 medium sized onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon fresh, grated ginger
1 Maggi cube
3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
1 eggplant, cut into 8 pieces lengthwise
3 hot peppers
1 green bell pepper, quartered
- In a medium-sized pot, brown the chicken with the onions, garlic, bay leaves, salt, pepper, thyme, and ginger.
- Add about 1/2 cup of water to the chicken and crumble in the Maggi cube. Cover and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and boil 2 minutes more.
- Add 2 to 3 cups more water to make a thick soup.
- Add eggplant, hot peppers, and bell pepper. Boil until the eggplant is cooked through (a fork should be able to easily pierce the eggplant).
- Serve with rice or socoro.